Sunday, March 7, 2010

A quick Tour of Our Beach Trip

For those of you just logging in to taking the backroad...my grandparents rented a house at Emerald Isle, NC for the month of February and invited the entire family to visit. Though it was a fourteen hour drive, the kids and I had so much fun the four days we were there. It was beautiful, sunny weather mixed with the laughter of cousins and hugs from those we really love so much. Thanks Granddaddy & Mama Jean! (And Mom, Aunt Evelyn, & Aunt Martha!)

I have already posted about the first day's knitting lesson.
On the second day, we piled into five cars and drove the half hour to Fort Macon, near Morehead, NC. The visitor's center there is fantastic and the fort well preserved. It was utilized during the Civil War, Spanish American War, and World War II. My Grandfather is 94 and a WWII vet. It was a pleasure being there with him and my grandmother to hear their stories and see their reactions to the exhibits.

INSIDE FORT MACON


OUTSIDE FORT MACON


LOOKING FOR SHELLS ON THE POINT AT FORT MACON


Day Three: More relatives arrive.

THE NC AQUARIUM AT PINE KNOLL SHORES


THE NC MARITIME MUSEUM IN BEAUFORT


ROLL YOUR OWN SUSHI NIGHT! 
Everyone made and ate their own under the tutelage of my sister and her son. Thanks Jules!


and my favorite photo of the week...I call it
WORDS OF WISDOM





No comments: