Monday, January 11, 2010

Enough fun for a cold winter day...





Today, after our lessons, we gathered our stale bread and rode over to the park to feed the geese. Embree misplaced the edge of the pond and walked out on the ice...I almost had a heart attack...but she came running back when she heard me screaming! :)


Afterward, we went to Peddler's Mall (an antique, flea market, junk store). We haven't been in months and it's one of the girls' favorite places to while away an hour or two. Brice loved spotting all the trains...
Reeves rode in the buggy and played DS!


I had a little birthday money left over and thought I'd find some treasures to brighten a few corners of the house...here are our finds:


A funky candelabra...green (my favorite color) with lovely green crystals. 
Embree and I both agreed that it was just inexpensive enough to be a must-have 
to top our new lazy-susan.



A miniature hand-cut silhouette just 3"x3"...and an antique ball jar 
where I plan to jot down funny things the kids say and 
drop them for safe keeping. Happy birthday to me.


After dinner we all went to the library for family storytime. Tonight was dinosaur night! Todd & Embree took Brice in while Reeves and I read and played on the computers. Embree said Brice acted like the "King" of storytime...running around demanding that the librarian read the books HE wanted...never mind the ten or so other kids in the room! Also, he apparently corrected the librarian and kids on several dinosaur names when they got them wrong...ROAR!!!!


Monday...check!

No comments: