Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Julie & Julia

We interrupt our regular posts for a movie review…We finally watched Julie & Julia last night. The movie is based on two books, Julie & Julia by Julie Powell and My Life in France by Julia Child. I enjoyed reading both books; the latter being one of my all time favorites! While I was a little bored with the modern day scenes about the blog project, I eagerly anticipated each scene with Meryl Streep as Julia Child. She was so entertaining and the depiction of the Childs’ love affair was envy-inducing. While I was a bit disappointed with the lack of screen time devoted to Julia’s first meal in France (it was such a momentous moment in her life, after all) the treatment of her humanness and determination matched her memoirs well. If you are a fan of Julia Child, it’s worth a watch!

No comments: